Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trust is not a reaction.. but a response






 


 But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here!
Then Peter called to him, "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water."
 "Yes, come," Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.  But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. "You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?"     Matthew 14: 27-31

Trust is not a reaction, but rather a response: Peter wasn't trying to prove anything to the guys in the boat or even to himself; he simply obeyed.

Being obedient is not always easy. I hear children say…. “I cannot wait to grow up so that I can do what I want and not have to answer to adults”. I have been an adult a LONG…. time and guess what, I am still not “doing what I want to do”, all the time. 

A big part of being an adult is taking the responsibility for my actions and being responsible for my decisions. I wash clothes, pick up and clean, cut grass, grade papers, get up with an alarm and a host of other daily activities , not necessarily because I want to do  these things, but because they must be completed for life to move forward in a calm non hectic manner. 

God also provides many opportunities for His children. When I take the time and give the energy to walk through doors of opportunity, I feel that this too is a demonstration of obedience.  I may not feel like singing on that evening, or going to a school for a specific event, but…. I go and I do. 

God has the right people at the right place and at the right time to do His service. Being obedient to an opportunity and trusting that you are to participate or respond…. May be just want is needed to fulfill a need and God’s will. 

When was the last time that you responded to an opportunity that you really did not know why or wondered what the purpose may be? 

Trust…. Step out…. Have a peace in knowing that you were prepared and you did your best…. And leave the rest to the Lord….

 http://arlene-littlelifelessons.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment